Saturday, April 19, 2008

Anoushka Garg : Design Opportunities Water (Team – Desert Rajasthan)


Anoushka Garg : Design Opportunities Water (Team – Desert Rajasthan)

Hi. Typing a scenario than illustrating it seems little easy a task because that’s what I’m trying to do. I wouldn’t assure that after 15 years I would be working in the field of water conservation but certainly would be a more aware individual. I do not see myself making rain water harvesting systems for Rajasthan but what I chose relates to Rajasthan because I have been born and brought up in Jaipur and this is what I did in school, plant a tree on my birthday. So this opportunity has a personal twist to it.

THE BIRTHDAY SAPLING, a small packet containing seeds. I think in the next 15 years it can be something every school can adopt not only in Rajasthan but everywhere. It would require some minimal investment of paper, seeds, sketch pens and can be first handmade and tested in schools. I believe it would catch up coz it is something every child would love to do and can emotionally relate to it.

It can further grow with it becoming a brand; these packets can be manufactured and sold to schools in the city and other places via online sales. I want to make this a culture where people have a B.S. club, online community etc. It is a far-fetched idea but imagine a simple thing like a tree can solve a lot of problems man has created for himself and partly the water problem. It is not directly related to water but a thought such as this imbibed in the child will certainly make the child more aware of his surroundings.

With regards
Anoushka Garg : (Team – Desert Rajasthan)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.